Kinect Sports Gems brought 2012 to a close for Rare, bouncing back with a second set of streamlined XBLA experiences late in the year – on December 25th, in fact, for anyone who felt the need to challenge Granddad to a festive after-dinner face-off in Field Goal Contest, Reaction Rally or Prize Driver. The total number of available Gems now stands at six, with one more planned wave of games still to come.
In place of a Rare Life staff profile this month we winched up The Tepid Seat from its secure location under armed guard in the basement, then coerced designers from the Kinect Sports team to respond to a sackful of questions posed by the public a while back.
Elsewhere in the big wide online world there were several family-focused blog reviews for Kinect Sports: Season Two, an opportunity to win by grabbing the Endless Season Sweepstakes gamerpic (ends January 6th!) and Rare's recruiter hot seat feature in Develop transferred from printed page to web page. And as the world didn't end after all, we'd better go and organise some content for January 2013. Happy New Year!
• Kinect Sports Gems: The Second Wave – Xmas Day downloadable debut
The World Wide Web
• [123Kinect] 3 More Kinect Sports Gems Available & Next 3 Revealed!
• [Develop] Recruitment Spotlight – December 2012
• [Xbox] Kinect Sports Endless Season Sweepstakes
• [About A Mom] Holiday Gift Guide: Kinect Sports Season Two
• [Cira's Lyrics] Kinect Sports: Season Two video review
• [GameTrailers] Top 10 First-Person Shooters of All Time